We are pleased to invite you to participate in the international architecture and urban planning competition for youth Sochi 2035 – The Image of the Future through the Eyes of the Young, which will be held in Sochi during the XIX World Festival of Youth and Students. The final arrangements of the competition are included in the Festival’s educational program Planning the Future: Architecture and Design. The winners of the competition – 78 young architects, designers, environmental scientists, sociologists – will become participants of the Festival.
The main goal of the competition is to see the future image of Sochi as a resort city as well as the way to its realization in creative ideas of youth from around the world.
The purpose of the Contest:
- to overview innovative ideas which correspond with the motto The path along the water is the way to the image of the future of Sochi;
- to select innovative design proposals for further implementation which face environmental and social criteria for the quality of residential and recreational environment of the resort city of Sochi;
- to select participants for the educational program Black sea – Sea of Friends – Mountains of Ideas – Rivers of People in the field of Planning of the Future: Architecture and Design;
- to organize an exhibition of the winning projects of the Competition for showing in the Pavilion of the Scientific Achievements of Youth.
Participants are encouraged to choose for a competitive design project one of five river valleys in the city of Sochi. These valleys have both potential for development (in accordance with the Year of Ecology in Russia) and complicated environmental problems. The most successful solutions are supposed to become:
- a part of the Federal target program Southern Seafront of Russia on development of the Sea of Azov and the Black sea resort zones, and other programs for the development of Sochi;
- a part of the flagship projects of the Strategy of Social and Economic Development of Sochi until 2030;
- a base for creation of urban planning projects for different areas of Sochi city,
- an occasion for updating the Master Plan of Sochi city.
Potential investors which are interested in realization of projects within the competitive areas will be able to choose the best solutions. New public spaces made on the base of competition winning projects will become a perfect supplement for the list of Sochi sights including a new park and Mira Alley (Alley of Peace) in dedication of the Festival in Sochi.
The competent International Jury will evaluate the work of the contestants on the basis of expert opinions of experienced specialists. To reward the laureates a bonus fund is being formed with the participation of the Board of Trustees of the Contest.
Chairman of the Contest Organizing Committee,
Head of the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea Representative Office of the Southern Territory District of Russian Academy of Architecture and Construction Science in Sochi,
Academician of the International Academy of Architecture,
Honored Architect of the Russian Federation